8/19/11

This is so cool!



Found a vintage tin toy service station today. Tin and metal toys were wildly popular during the 50s and 60s. (The golden era of everything.) I have long said I was born in the wrong era.


Anyway, It's not too difficult to find tin doll houses from that time period. Nearly every antique shop has at least one.

But golly was I happy to find this tin service station at a garage sale. The retro graphics instantly brought me back to when I was a small kid looking at the tin toys in my grandpa's basement. (My grandpa and grandmas house in Balaton, MN was like stepping back in time. Little had changed since the 60s!) Don't think I'll be able to part with this one. A huge bonus with this buy was that many of the small accessories were still included. The kids love it because it is a perfect size for their Pixar cars.








No comments:

Post a Comment